Versailles, a historic city offering numerous wonderful landmarks
– The Royal Tennis Court (“La Salle du Jeu de Paume”) where the General Estates, a consultative assembly of the three estates, clergy, nobility and commoners, declared themselves National Assembly in 1789.
– The Center for Baroque Music of Versailles (“CMBV”) in the Hotel des “Menus Plaisirs” which perpetuates the musical patrimony of 17th and 18th century France.
– The Royal Stables that now hosts the Versailles Equestrian Academy.
– The Lambinet Museum, hotel particulier built in 1751 that shelter important collections of Versailles’ history pieces.
– The Fragrance Yard (“La Cour des Senteurs”), near the palace, that offers a sensory, olfactory and history walk with its garden filled with rare essences and the fragrance house that tells the story of famous perfumer.
– The King’s kitchen garden (“Le potager du Roi”), 9 Ha garden where famous cook “Alain Ducasse” now stock up.
– “Montansier theatre”, Italian theatre opened In 1777 Louis 16th and Marie Antoinette.
Versailles is also a green city that offers a lot of promenade and sport activities:
Close to the hotel, golfers will have the chance to practice their passion thanks to the “Golf de la Boulie” that offers 3 courses (two 18 holes and one 9 holes) in the forest of Versailles.
Also not far away from the hotel, “Les Haras de Jardy” offers you with its 75 hectares of forest and its centenary stables some peaceful walks, joggings, horse riding, tennis and golf.